well lets start off with saying new to droid i recenty got bailed out of jail and was walking home and on the side of the road i found a virgin mobile htc wildfire s in perfect condition
put it in the pocket
and bring it home had an extra charger laying around so charged it up. it came up to the htc logo and that was it it wouldnt boot up but had clockwork mod recover options under hboot. look on the sd card and its clean nothing on it so searching round found a stock rom to restore it to so i then rooted using one click install method found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1399872
so now i have this nice new gaget to play with and the first thing i should do is make it a proper phone with texing and calling i already had texting and incoming calls on my ipt4 using google voice so i know there are some hoops to jump through but it should be doable and it is and works great enough of my rambling.
this was easier then i though
what you will need
google voice app in market
groove ip 4.99 in market
1. Texting that was easy install google voice app it will sk you what acount to use sign in. next page will inform you what you need to verify to continue hit next
2. it will ask you to choose the number to this phone i used my "home" or text free with voice number for this selet it and hit next.
3. now it asks you what do you want to make all your calls with no plan on the phone at the moment i choose to let google voice to make all calls.
4. next it will ask you if you would like to setup voice mail through the phone i hit next and it told me i couldnt set it up so i clicked skip cause why bother if i can just call it to check em lol it s not like it costs anything:P
5. next it brings up your text in box and loads your message there is all your texting so now there ya go for texting but you need to goto settings
6. goto settings / sync and notifications and be sure back ground data is enabled you can also set your ringtone here
7. now to get voice up in running theres no real trick when it comes to this beside changing a setting goto voice.google.com ok now click on the cog wheel then click setttings there will be an option where you want your call forwarded to uncheck whatever numbers you have listed and click on forward to google chat.
8. now get groove ip in the market place 4.99 or where ever you get your apps i susgest buying it simply cause in a case like mine instead of paying 60 for unlimited everything i can pay 35 for unlimited data and text so it cuts my bill almost in half.
9. it will ask for your username and password and once you sign in it will pull up settings
10. be sure to click to accept calls on answer on because if not it will show up people are calling and you can answer but it will just keep ringing on there end.
11. under native dialer options click on built in dialer preference and click to always use groove ip.
And boom free calling and texting hope you enjoy next tutorial ringtones and possibly quick reply on this side of things and mabye a few other things as they come along and on the idevice side of things i have like 4 or 5 ive been meaning to do for a month so hopefuly ill have them all up this week enjoy